Baby Room 1 & 2 provides a stimulating, warm, caring and secure environment for babies aged 6 weeks to 2 years. We aim to liaise with parents and establish a suitable routine which accommodates both the early year’s unit and the home setting.
The babies in our care are offered a stimulating environment in which they take part in art, messy, sensory, music, water and paper play, and times when they can have cuddles, stories, songs and also different floor toys. The babies will also have opportunities for outdoor play and exploring our treasure basket.
Breakfast, cooked lunch and an afternoon snack is provided for all the children.
Nappies, creams and baby wipes are provided by parents. In the event of your child needing cream or medication, we need you to provide these and also give written consent. Parents are also asked to sign the Medicine forms at the end of the day.
If there are siblings in the building in a different play room there are opportunities for them to see each other during the day.
- 8.00 – 9.15am Welcome the children. Setting up the room for the day. Free play opportunities
- 9.15 – 10.00am Morning snack.
- 10.00 – 10.15am Free flow activities.
- 10.15 – 11.40am Split groups / structured activities offered.
- 10.45 – 11.15am Younger babies outside.
- 11.15 – 11.40am Older babies outside.
- 11.00 – 11.15am Nappy changes, Songs and rhymes.
- 11.15 – 11.40am Older babies – Outside play, Younger babies – Indoor physical play.
- 11.40 – 11.50am Story / Song time.
- 11.50 – 12.30pm Lunch time.
- 12.30 – 1.45pm Sleep time.
- 1.45 – 2.15pm Children getting up / quiet activities. Nappy changing time and free play.
- 2.15 – 2.40pm Older babies outside / Physical – Young babies, indoor / physical.
- 2.40 – 2.50pm Story / Song time.
- 2.50 – 3.15pm Snack time.
- 3.15 – 3.30pm Free play
- 3.30 – 4.30pm Split groups structured activities.
- 4.30 – 5.30pm Split groups free play.
- 5.30 – 6.00pm Collection of children, tidy up and story time.
Nappy times throughout the day are as follows:
10-10.45am, 2.45-2.30pm, 3.45-4.30pm.
Nappies are changed between these times if wet or soiled.